Current program version – 1.0.16 dated 07.12.2020, base version – 0.122 dated 02.10.2020.
“VOLNA” is the software elaborated by the Russian Maritime Register of Shipping for collection, storage and assessment of the results of measurements of thickness and other parameters of defects of ship’s hull structures, ship’s arrangement and system pipelines.
Software “VOLNA” is developed in order to realize the following key principle – assessment of technical condition of ship’s hull at the survey period. Ship’s hull technical condition assessment is one of the main activities of a classification society regarding technical supervision of ship’s in operation.
“VOLNA” allows to fulfil different tasks regarding technical condition assessment of ship’s hull, ship’s arrangement, system pipeline, at least the following:
– to develop an enhanced survey program (for ESP ships) – this module is not available at this moment, is under development;
– to register, assess and report the results of measurements of residual thickness of hull structures;
– to evaluate the defects detected during the survey;
– to record and evaluate the results of the repair;
– to estimate the loss of the cross-sectional area of the hull;
– to record information upon the results of assessment of corrosion prevention system of ship’s compartments;
– to give summary information on hull items wear for further surveys (about substantial corrosion zones, items with excessive wear subject to repair, average wear of group of items, etc.).
The software “VOLNA” has the following capabilities:
1. Using of the electronic database with permissible scantling diminutions;
2. Downloading of a ship’s main data from RS Head Office database;
3. Image editor;
4. Working jointly with one report. Data synchronization.
5. Detailed information tips on thickness measurements (location and numbers of points);
6. Possibility of drawing measurements on electronic sketches (connection of tables and sketches);
7. Calculation of the parameters of defects according to the Rules of the RS (dents, bays, corrugations, etc.);
8. UTM Report analysis providing statistical data (summary information on hull structures with average wear, minimum wear and etc.);
9. Calculation of hull items groups cross-sectional area reduction;
10. Repair analysis;
11. UTM Report conclusion;
12. Ship’s technical condition assessment.
The list of reporting documentation drawn up by VOLNA.
In general “VOLNA” generates 89 documents of a different type.
All documents are generated in PDF format, for further storage and printing.
All documentation is generated in format А4 (210 х 297) mm. Landscape or portrait orientation, depending on the type of document.
The main reporting documentation, which is formed using the software “VOLNA”, is divided into 4 groups:
– Group 1 (registration of residual thickness measurements);
– Group 2 (registration of defects);
– Group 3 (analytical tables);
– Group 4 (registration of norms, i.e. permissible thickness diminutions, etc.).
The program gives the possibility to generate documents in the format prescribed by IACS unified requirements (IACS TM tabular forms and IACS CSR TM tabular forms.
There are tabular forms which are generated according to the RS Rules:
1. Table RTM 1.1 – thickness measurements of ship’s hull items within transverse section;
2. Table RTM 1.2 / 1.2а – thickness measurements of ship’s hull plate elements;
3. Table RTM 1.3 – thickness measurements of ship’s hull transverse members;
4. Table RTM 1.4 / 1.4а – thickness measurements of miscellaneous elements of ship’s hull structures;
5. Table RTM 1.5 (S31) – thickness measurements of cargo hold shell frames and their end connections;
6. Table RTM 1.6 – measurements of the thickness of welded branch pipe fittings;
7. Table RTM 1.7 – measurements of the thickness of ship’s systems pipelines.
8. Table 2.1 – Indentation and bulge registration at ship’s hull elements;
9. Table 2.2 – Deflection and rib registration at the ship’s hull elements;
10. Table 2.3 – Local wear registration;
11. Table 2.4 – Pitting corrosion registration;
12. Table 2.5 – Girder web deviation.
13. Table 3.1 – Summary table of substantial corrosion zones;
14. Table 3.2 – Area of hull transverse section;
15. Table 3.3 – Table of hull structures having local wear, pitting wear or other defects;
16. Table 3.4 – Summary table of hull structures, demanding repair upon the results of general wear assessment.
Form 1.1. Form 1.2.
Form. 1.2a. Form 1.3.
Form 1.4. Form 1.4a.
Form 1.5. Form.1.6.
Form 2.1. Form 2.2.
Form 2.3. Form 2.4.
Form 3.1. Form 3.2.
Form 3.3. Form 3.4.
In order to maintain and improve the software “VOLNA”, please send all the questions, suggestions, ideas on this e-mail: